About this Course
Implementing Cisco Switched Networks (SWITCH) v2.0 is a five-day instructor-led training course developed to help students prepare for Cisco CCNP certification. The ROUTE course is a component of the CCNP Routing and Switching curriculum.
This course is designed to help learners create an efficient and expandable enterprise network by installing, configuring, and verifying network infrastructure equipment according to the Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture. Some older topics from Version 1 have been removed or simplified, while several new IPv6 routing topics have been added. The course content has been adapted to Cisco IOS Software Release 15 and technically updated.
This course is appropriate for learners with Cisco CCNA-level knowledge who aim to be network professionals. Typical job roles include network engineers, support engineers, systems engineers or network technicians.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to...
- Describe the hierarchical campus structure, basic switch operation, use of SDM templates, PoE, and LLDP
- Implement VLANs, trunks, explain VTP, implement DHCP in IPv4 and IPv6 environments, and configure port aggregation
- Implement and optimize STP mechanism that best suits your network - PVSTP+, RPVSTP+, or MSTP
- Configure routing on a multilayer switch
- Configure NTP, SNMP, IP SLA, and port mirroring, and verify StackWise and VSS operation
- Implement first hop redundancy in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- Secure the campus network according to recommended practices
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this curriculum are as follows:
- Describing network fundamentals
- Establishing Internet and WAN connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Managing network device security
- Operating a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree
- Troubleshooting IP connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Configuring and troubleshooting EIGRP and OSPF (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Configuring devices for SNMP, syslog, and NetFlow access
- Managing Cisco device configurations, Cisco IOS images, and licenses
It is highly recommended that this course be taken after the following Cisco courses:
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices v2.0, Part 1 (ICND1 v2.0) and Part 2 (ICND2 v2.0), or
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated version 2.0 (CCNAX v2.0)
About this Modality:
With engaging content, Hollywood style HD content delivery, and exceptional instructors, our blended learning solution for Cisco is designed to drastically improve traditional boring online and video-based training.
Attend scheduled Live Instructor-led classes (online) for 2 hours per day, over the course of 2 weeks (Mon. - Thur.). Then you have 1 full year to access a studio-quality recording of the class (as often as you want) and perform the hands-on / mentored labs whenever you want (over the course of 1 year).
Our Blended Learning Solution includes all of the following for this Cisco Class:
- All Live scheduled courses and all corresponding 24/7 instant replay access for 1 year
- View instant replay on your tablet or smartphone
- Taught with the structure of real world application and solutions
- 1 year Live labs at your fingertips
- 24/7/365 Elite Mentoring
- Boson practice exams – practice for certification
- Progress reports
*Cisco Learning Credits are accepted